Finding A Quiet Place

By Michael Howard
I go through phases in my life where I become very "monk-like", contemplative and inward. As far as prayer is concerned I tend to be introspective, I enjoy finding the divine in the silence, waiting for a word, an image to light my path. Resting in the stillness and allowing God to speak and light my path brings me much joy, the problem is I do not want to leave that place once I enter it. This world can be so abrasive that one could sit in the gentleness of the "Ruach" for hours on end allowing spiritual winds to gently blow. It's important that we still our body and soul, not only do we need physical rest but spiritual rest, like pure water, spiritual water.

Which brings me to my next point and that is finding a quiet place, a place free of distraction, a place that we connect with. I need this place of solitude daily, a place that I meet with God, a place where I can free my mind and release my thoughts into the ether. I would suggest a space without clutter and a space that holds no ill memories, a space arranged well where the energy is positive, where one's creative self can be ignited and flourish. Keep spiritual items there as well, items that help you focus on and connect with God. There was a reason the ancients built alters to God and that was to remember. This spiritual place will cause you to remember who you are and what is really important in this world.

Namaste,