Listening

By Michael Howard

I want to talk a little about what it means to listen, to really with your whole heart, mind and soul listen. Listening with your whole being without feeling the need to interject, correct, advise, requires and inner peace, a quiet gentle confidence in one's self that is humble and is free of ego. I am working on this and still have much to learn.

I have felt the need to listen more to what others are saying and in doing so I find my spirit grows stronger and brighter. I am filled more when I talk less and let others share their joys, hurts, pains and losses. I can really tune in and silently offer healing and hope in an intuitive sense.

Listening is love and respect. Often times people do not want you to try and fix their troubles, they just want to be heard, and by being heard a person can find a glimmer of hope in a world bombarded by media, movies, books magazines pulling us in one direction or another. Being heard affirms ones worth, ones potential, that they matter enough to another human being to simply be heard.

Being heard is empowering, listening is love and respect, listening is a gift, try it, I think you will agree with me. Peace!